Perhaps the hottest area in the world of search today is local. I’ve been writing about this topic for about ten years, but Google is finally taking it seriously.
The reason? Plain old AdWords search revenue is starting to shrink and Google is looking to monetize the map and local listings as the next frontier. In fact, they never actually want you to leave the SERPs and are using your website to inform their results with knowledge rather than send traffic.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is David Mihm. He is a digital marketing expert for small businesses, co-founder of GetListed.org , and founder of Tidings . He and I discuss local search trends and why Google may not ever want you to leave the search engine results pages.
Mihm was instrumental in the development of Moz Local and served as Moz’s Director of Local Search Strategy. He has been invited to present on Local search marketing at every major industry conference, including the BIA/Kelsey Group ILM Series, LSA, StreetFight, MozCon, SearchLove, and multiple SMX and SES events.
Questions I ask David Mihm:
- What’s going on in local right now that people need to know?
- Should we optimize for Google’s 3-pack?
- Are we coming to an age where fewer people will land on websites directly?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What you need to know about snippets
- Why everyone needs a VPN
- What you need to know about the trend of blending organic and paid search
Key takeaways from the episode and more about David Mihm:
Looking for an awesome WordPress tools for your business? Look no further than Thrive Themes and Thrive Leads. They are packed with features that will not only make your website building life easy, but will make your entire website convert more of your visitors into subscribers, customers & clients. Click here  to learn more.
This week’s episode is also brought to you by ActiveCampaign. This is my new go-to CRM, ESP, and marketing automation platform. With its low cost, any size of business can use it. Starting at $19/month, you can keep track of your clients, see who’s visiting your website, and follow-up based on behavior. Learn more here. 
- ^ Marketing Podcast with David Mihm (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ GetListed.org (GetListed.org)
- ^ Tidings (tidings.com)
- ^ here (thrivethemes.com)
- ^ here. (ducttape.me)
- ^ Subscribe on Apple Podcasts (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)