My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Morra Aarons-Mele, founder of Women Online  and the mission list. She is also the author of Hiding in the Bathroom: An Introvert’s Roadmap to Getting Out There (When You’d Rather Stay Home) , and host of a podcast of the same way. She and I discuss how many people who are speakers, salespeople, and in the public eye, are actually introverts.
Morra’s Internet experience spans politics and the private sector. During the 2004 Presidential Election, Morra was the Director of Internet Marketing for the Democratic National Committee. After the 2004 election, she founded Edelman’s digital public affairs team where she worked with Fortune 50 clients. Morra worked in various roles at leading online companies in New York and London, including iVillage.com, eBookers.com, and at iVillage UK, where she managed public relations and marketing.
She was founding Political Director for BlogHer.com, and has written for BlogHer as well as The Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, MomsRising, The Wall St Journal, The New York Times, and The Guardian. She has covered events from the White House to the campaign trail to Harvard Law School in her role as a blogger on women, politics, and work. Morra has taught at the Yale Women’s Campaign School, the Harvard Kennedy School, and at the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders forum at Harvard, as well as at the Johns Hopkins Graduate School of Communication.
Questions I ask Morra Aarons-Mele:
- What are common misconceptions about being an introvert?
- How do JOMO and FOMO play into all of this?
- What is the 14 point plan for surviving events?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why community is still important for introverts
- Why it’s OK to take your own path and be yourself
- Why quality and credibility are more important than ever
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Morra Aarons-Mele:
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Podcast Bookers . Podcasts are really hot, but you know what else is really hot? Appearing as a guest on one of the many podcasts out there. Being a guest on a podcast is a really great SEO tactic and brand building tactic. Podcast bookers can get you booked multiple times every month on auto-pilot. Check it out at podcastbookers.com .
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Morra Aarons-Mele (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ Women Online (www.wearewomenonline.com)
- ^ Hiding in the Bathroom: An Introvert’s Roadmap to Getting Out There (When You’d Rather Stay Home) (www.amazon.com)
- ^ give us a review on (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Podcast Bookers (podcastbookers.com)
- ^ podcastbookers.com (podcastbookers.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Apple Podcasts (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)