My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Gretchen Rubin, she writes on habits and happiness. She is the author of a number of New York Times Bestselling books including The Happiness Project and a new book, The Four Tendencies . She and I discuss how to understand yourself better—and also how to influence others more effectively.
Rubin has an enormous readership, both in print and online, and her books have sold almost three million copies worldwide, in more than thirty languages. On her popular weekly podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin , she discusses good habits and happiness with her sister Elizabeth Craft; they’ve been called the “Click and Clack of podcasters.” Her podcast was named in iTunes’s lists of “Best Podcasts of 2015” and was named in the Academy of Podcasters “Best Podcasts of 2016.” BuzzFeed listed Happier in 10 Life-Changing Things to Try in June  and the New Yorker said, “Their voices remind you that life is a human project that we’re all experimenting with. ”
Fast Company named Rubin to its list of Most Creative People in Business , and she’s a member of Oprah’s SuperSoul 100. She’s been interviewed by Oprah , eaten dinner with Daniel Kahneman, and walked arm-in-arm with the Dalai Lama.
Questions I ask Gretchen Rubin:
- There have been a lot of books on personality types, what does your new book add to that body of work?
- Are certain types of tendencies suited for certain roles?
- Can you have a mix between tendencies?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to lead teams with diverse tendencies
- How people develop their tendencies
- How this personality quiz is different than other personality-based quizzes out there
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Gretchen Rubin:
Tens of thousands of businesses use Grade.us to harness the ‘voice of the customer’ to improve and market themselves. You can systematically drive customers to one conversion funnel that routes them to the review sites you care about and even guide unhappy customers to a service recovery while educating others through completing a review.
You can also automatically ask, remind and guide customers through the process with email, text and print campaigns and see results with beautiful monthly reports that demonstrate reputational improvement alongside actionable insights into campaign data. Did I mention that you can choose which reviews to stream to your website or share on social media?
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Gretchen Rubin (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ The Four Tendencies (gretchenrubin.com)
- ^ Happier with Gretchen Rubin (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ 10 Life-Changing Things to Try in June (www.buzzfeed.com)
- ^ Their voices remind you that life is a human project that we’re all experimenting with. (www.newyorker.com)
- ^ Most Creative People in Business (www.fastcompany.com)
- ^ interviewed by Oprah (www.youtube.com)
- ^ give us a review on (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ here (grade.us)
- ^ Subscribe on Apple Podcasts (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)