Routine, process, to-do and task lists – that’s how we get stuff done right?
Turns out the most productive individuals all have one thing in common and that’s a system.
In search for that one, perfect system people use GTD, Franklin-Covey, Note pad, Evernote and a variety of hybrid tricks and tools.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Carson Tate, author of Work Simply: Embracing the Power of Your Personal Productivity Style  and founder of a productivity consulting practice Working Simply .
My favorite part of Tate’s work is the recognition that everyone has their own personal productivity style and that because of that one person’s system won’t necessarily work for everyone. So, if you’ve tried to use GTD or Evernote and couldn’t wrap your brain around why others swear by them when you just can’t get the knack of them, turns out they just don’t fit your style.
It’s a lot like learning – some people love words, some pictures, some math, some history. The trick to unlocking your productivity is to embrace this fact.
Getting more done each day, managing the demands of a growing company and juggling all the new things that come at me each day consumes a great deal of my thinking so I invest a great deal of energy in ways that allow me to do more, but with less stress.
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Carson Tate (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Work Simply: Embracing the Power of Your Personal Productivity Style (www.amazon.com)
- ^ Working Simply (www.workingsimply.com)
- ^ take the test here (www.surveygizmo.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Apple Podcasts (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)