Inbound, inbound, inbound – that’s marketing rally cry for that last few years. But a funny thing happened on the way to all this inbound marketing activity – outbound marketing – done right, has never been more effective.
In fact, great outbound marketing can draw even greater interest to the assets and content that inbound marketers are so fond of building.
I wrote this post about this almost four years ago – Why Outbound Marketing Has Never Been More Effective  – and it’s still valid.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Marylou Tyler, founder of Strategic Pipeline , a Fortune 1000 sales process improvement consulting group. She’s also the author of Predictable Prospecting: How to Radically Increase Your B2B Sales Pipeline , as well as Predictable Revenue . She and I discuss how selling and prospecting are two different things and why small businesses need to master each of them to succeed.
Tyler specializes in optimizing top-of-funnel sales processes and implementing predictable new sales opportunity models. Her approach walks clients through a 7-point outreach process/framework that is part behavioral, part predictive, and part creative (persuasive storytelling).
Questions I ask Marylou Tyler:
- Should prospecting be a big part of a salesperson’s job?
- How do you build and operate a successful outbound prospecting program?
- How do you get past sales vanity metrics?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why you must have a prospecting function in your business
- How to manage inbound vs. outbound sales and marketing
- How to get good at disqualifying prospects
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Marylou Tyler:
Want to know the secret to reaching inbox zero  and taking back your email sanity? The answer is SaneBox and I can’t recommend it enough. SaneBox sorts through your email and moves all of the trivial stuff into a different folder so the only messages in your inbox are the ones you actually want to see. Aside from removing all of the junk so you can focus on messages that matter, there’s a great feature called the BlackHole. Move an email into that folder and you’ll never hear from the sender again. They also have Reminders that automatically remind me when I need a follow-up email, aka nothing falls through the cracks. Did I mention snooze emails? They are a great way to defer/de-emphasize less urgent emails so that I can read them later.
Because we could all use more organization in our email life, we worked out a great deal for our listeners. Visit https://www.sanebox.com/ducttape  today and they’ll throw in an extra $25 credit on top of the two-week free trial. You don’t have to enter your credit card information unless you decide to buy, so there’s really nothing to lose. Check it out today and let me know if you love the BlackHole and reaching inbox zero as much as I do.
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Marylou Tyler (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ Why Outbound Marketing Has Never Been More Effective (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ Strategic Pipeline (www.strategicpipeline.com)
- ^ Predictable Prospecting: How to Radically Increase Your B2B Sales Pipeline (www.amazon.com)
- ^ Predictable Revenue (www.amazon.com)
- ^ give us a review on (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ inbox zero (bit.ly)
- ^ https://www.sanebox.com/ducttape (www.sanebox.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Apple Podcasts (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)