There are very few – maybe no – original ideas left, so stop beating yourself up looking for that one amazing new idea. The best and most profitable innovations are often created when someone blends two or three existing in ideas in entirely new ways.
It’s okay to be an artist – in fact, at some level, we are all artists – it’s just not okay to starve being one.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Jeff Goins, blogger, speaker, founder of Tribe Writers,  andauthor of many books including Real Artists Don’t Starve . He and I discuss timeless strategies for thriving in the new creative age.
Goins believes we all have a creative gift worth sharing with the world. And that is our art. So whether you have a business idea, a book in you, or some other project you want to create, he wants to help you get that work out and into the world and help convince you that you don’t have to starve to do it.
Questions I ask Jeff Goins:
- Are marketing and selling “selling out” for an artist?
- What is Tribe Writers ?
- How do small business owners need to be artists in their own rights?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- The myths of the thriving artist and starving artist
- What it takes to thrive in your field
- Why you need to practice in public
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jeff Goins:
Want to know the secret to reaching inbox zero  and taking back your email sanity? The answer is SaneBox and I can’t recommend it enough. SaneBox sorts through your email and moves all of the trivial stuff into a different folder so the only messages in your inbox are the ones you actually want to see. Aside from removing all of the junk so you can focus on messages that matter, there’s a great feature called the BlackHole. Move an email into that folder and you’ll never hear from the sender again. They also have Reminders that automatically remind me when I need a follow-up email, aka nothing falls through the cracks. Did I mention snooze emails? They are a great way to defer/de-emphasize less urgent emails so that I can read them later.
Because we could all use more organization in our email life, we worked out a great deal for our listeners. Visit https://www.sanebox.com/ducttape  today and they’ll throw in an extra $25 credit on top of the two-week free trial. You don’t have to enter your credit card information unless you decide to buy, so there’s really nothing to lose. Check it out today and let me know if you love the BlackHole and reaching inbox zero as much as I do.
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Jeff Goins (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ Tribe Writers, (goinswriter.com)
- ^ Real Artists Don’t Starve (www.amazon.com)
- ^ Tribe Writers (goinswriter.com)
- ^ give us a review on (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ inbox zero (bit.ly)
- ^ https://www.sanebox.com/ducttape (www.sanebox.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Apple Podcasts (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)