I’ve known this week’s guest for about a decade and in that time I’ve watched him grow from tiny start-up to thriving Inc500 stand out. It’s really fun to see this kind of success and these stories are out there and everywhere if you look – no, they don’t always make the nightly news because it’s pretty much a bootstrapped, do the work, grow consistently kind of success – the best kind.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Landon Ray, the founder and CEO of ONTRAPORT , an award winning web-based sales, marketing and business automation software platform. He and I discuss his entrepreneurial road to success.
ONTRAPORT was named one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies in America in 2013 and was ranked #102 on the Inc500 (and #10 in software) as one of the 500 fastest growing privately held companies in America. ONTRAPORT was also one of Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Tech Startups, a top finalist for CareerBuilders’ First Annual “Big Strides in Small Business Award,” one of Achievers’ 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, the winner of Stevies for outstanding customer service, and a CoDIEs finalist for best relationship management software and best marketing automation software.
Questions I ask Landon Ray:
- What’s still hard about running your business?
- How has the role of CEO changed over time?
- What could make your product even better?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What Ray’s journey to success looked like
- Where Ray’s business is today
- How to be relevant with your audience
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Landon Ray:
Are you in need of WordPress support? If so, I highly recommend using WP Fix It . They provide 24/7 instant WordPress Support and now have a plugin that allows them to access your WP install while you’re in it. It’s pretty convenient! Be sure to check them out.
Are you an independent marketing consultant or an agency owner? If so, you may want to check out the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. It is a growing group of independent marketing consultants and agencies that are partnering and collaborating using the Duct Tape Marketing tools, and really scaling their businesses. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com .
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Landon Ray (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ ONTRAPORT (ontraport.com)
- ^ give us a review on (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ WP Fix It (wpfixit.com)
- ^ ducttapemarketingconsultant.com (ducttapemarketingconsultant.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Apple Podcasts (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)