I enjoy it when someone can take a complex idea and make it simple without removing its initial power and intent.
Storytelling is all the rage these days, but few are equipping people to actually use the power of stories.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Ron Ploof. He is an author, speaker, consultant, storyteller and the creator of the StoryHow PitchDeck  – playing cards that help people convert their ideas, messages, and presentations into memorable narratives. He and I discuss if this little deck of cards can actually help you tell better stories. I think it can.
Ploof is a professional communications strategist with specialties in technical communications, business storytelling, and social media distribution. During his career in high-tech electronics, he’s designed to control systems, provided pre-sales support as an EDA applications engineer and AE manager, and was responsible for over $30 million in engineering services sales as a business development manager.
Questions I ask Ron Ploof:
- Why is storytelling such a hot topic right now?
- How can you apply storytelling to businesses?
- Is there a story in any business, no matter what they sell?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What’s the only way for people to learn
- What the essence is of storytelling
- How to become a better storyteller
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Ron Ploof:
Are you an independent marketing consultant or an agency owner? If so, you may want to check out the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. It is a growing group of independent marketing consultants and agencies that are partnering and collaborating using the Duct Tape Marketing tools, and really scaling their businesses. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com .
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Ron Ploof (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ StoryHow PitchDeck (www.storyhow.com)
- ^ give us a review on (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ ducttapemarketingconsultant.com (ducttapemarketingconsultant.com)
- ^ Subscribe on iTunes (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)