Online Privacy – now there’s an oxymoron. (So love it when I get to use that word.)
The more we humans live our lives online the less we seem to expect basic privacy.
Right now, pretty much everything you do is being tracked with your explicit permission – whether you know it or not.
Now, some would say, go ahead, track everything I do if you like, it’s all very boring. And that may be true, but here’s the deal – what if you felt a little tickle in your throat and you started to Google a few possible health related terms – be careful, you might get turned down for health insurance.
But that sort of absurd example is really just the tip of the iceberg – the more we give up what should be basic rights, the more people are empowered to take them.
I know this is starting to sound like a political rant, but really it’s more of a call for balance.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Ryan Dochuk. He is the CEO and co-founder of TunnelBear, a service that provides simple and private web browsing. He and I discuss online privacy and what you need to know about it.
TunnelBear  has helped over 15,000,000 people browse a more private and open Internet. Previously, Dochuk worked as a product manager at Microsoft for six years on Microsoft Office & Business Intelligence products and worked at a number of startups.
Questions I ask Ryan Dochuk:
- What is Joint Resolution 34?
- What does the resolution passing mean to the public?
- What is a VPN and why is it important?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How Joint Resolution 34 passed
- How to hide your identity online
- How location-based apps and services are impacted
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Ryan Dochuk:
Are you an independent marketing consultant or an agency owner? If so, you may want to check out the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. It is a growing group of independent marketing consultants and agencies that are partnering and collaborating using the Duct Tape Marketing tools, and really scaling their businesses. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com .
- ^ Marketing Podcast with Ryan Dochuk (traffic.libsyn.com)
- ^ Podcast Transcript (www.ducttapemarketing.com)
- ^ TunnelBear (tunnelbear.com)
- ^ give us a review on (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ ducttapemarketingconsultant.com (ducttapemarketingconsultant.com)
- ^ Subscribe on iTunes (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Subscribe on Android (subscribeonandroid.com)